With locations throughout the state, Covenant House New Jersey’s mission is to help homeless youth overcome their challenges so that they can live happy, healthy and independent lives.
We provide a continuum of care which includes food, shelter, clothing, medical assistance, educational and vocational services, counseling and legal services. Other services available are, life skills training, recreation, aftercare and assistance with educational advancement. The approach to providing services utilizes the mission of Covenant House New Jersey in protecting and safeguarding all youth.
This position provides direct, individualized, supportive care to youth who utilize the Crisis Residential Program and also our transitional living programs.
- Supervise all youth activities, in the building which may include the cafeteria, gym, dormitories, or common areas.
- Ensure a safe, healthy environment which reflects Covenant House principles.
- Escort youth to external activities.
- Document information regarding all client interaction, and outside agency contact.
- Conduct intakes, orientation sessions, distribute and oversee self administered medication as necessary.
- Ensure allocation and documentation of petty cash.
We are currently looking for several per-diem (On-Call) team members all shifts are available.
However overnight is Preferred at this time.
Hourly rate: $13.06
High School Diploma or a General Equivalent Degree
Excellent communication and crisis management skills and the ability to handle physically challenging situations.
Excellent assessment and judgment capabilities.
Valid drivers license with an insurable record.
From: Covenant House of NJ