The WSRI Research Scientist will be responsible for the development, execution, and growth of a vibrant extramural funded research and technology development portfolio in the areas of, including but not limited to; artificial intelligence (AI), cognitive systems, or autonomy.
In this position the research scientist must promote transparency at all times, always act ethically, promote and ensure compliance. WSRI is committed to collaboration across WSU, cultivation of our people as our greatest asset, and creation of an environment that supports innovation and inclusive behaviors.Minimum Qualifications
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated research participation and interests
- 3 years experience as a research scientist or related position conducting relevant research
- Proven experience building an active research portfolio and winning external funding
- Experience with DOD or IC research programs and funding (e.g. DARPA, IARPA, Air Force, Navy, Army)
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- US citizenship
Develop, and execute externally funded research including but not limited to the development, design, and implementation of research objectives, performance of data analysis, program and team management, and reporting. Collaborate with existing and future WSRI research activities. Produce and present publications in relevant professional research and industry journals and conferences for the purpose of promotion of WSRI research interests.
Build a research portfolio through identification and pursuit of research and development opportunities in R&D field of interest. Including leading technical proposal writing, collaborative team building, and networking activities. Contribute to the writing of white papers and proposals to obtain future funding.