Performs general clerical and receptionist duties supporting the
patient care unit, including preparing, compiling and maintaining
- Performs a variety of duties relative to admission, discharge and/or transfer of patients.
- Prepares patient charts and assembles new admission packets.
- Transmits discharge notices to appropriate departments.
- Notifies assigned departments when patients are admitted, discharged, transferred, placed on “condition serious” list, expired, etc.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties required to maintain
- Reviews patient charts and other related data for accuracy and completeness of information. Ensures required signatures have been obtained.
- Files all hard copy documents in patient charts.
- Assembles discharged patient charts and forwards completed chart to Medical Records within established time interval and hospital guidelines.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties essential to operation of
patient care unit, as directed.
- Schedules patients for special tests, consultations, transportation, etc.
- Prepares various records and reports (i.e. daily census, staff attendance).
- Distributes mail, packages and flowers to patients.
- Maintains current and neat bulletin, directory and locator boards for unit.
- Maintains chart areas, desks, files, etc. in a neat and orderly condition.
- Notifies supporting departments of needs/changes on patient unit (i.e. environmental, maintenance, dietary issues).
- Maintains department supply inventory.
- Acts as a receptionist on unit.
- Directs and provides information to visitors.
- Uses appropriate telephone etiquette and knowledge of telephone system to facilitate communication of the patient units.
- Answers intercom, assists visitors and distributes incoming mail. Answers routine questions or refers to appropriate individual for reply.
- Receives and transmits messages accurately and promptly.
- Acts as representative of hospital to patients and visitors and as such is appropriately attired and promotes good public relations.
- Provides coverage where needed at the request of supervisory staff.
- Accesses medication delivery and/or medication areas, as authorized, in the performance of required duties, as needed.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Prior clerical experience, preferred.
- Typing 30 wpm and/or data entry skills (80 keystrokes per minute), required.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Any vacancy posted on this site comes from Indeed and it's network through the API. If you find this job is not supposed to be on this site, please report it on Indeed.