Responsible for providing quality customer service while performing a variety of duties to support the paying and receiving function of the branch office; coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments; reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information and referring where appropriate.
All employees of The Lyons National Bank, regardless of position, are expected to fully support the organizational goal of providing superior service during every customer encounter. As a customer service ambassador of LNB, you will demonstrate commitment to this goal by adhering to the following WOW customer service standards.
- Seek to fully understand the needs of customers and promise personal attention to fulfilling their expectations and priorities.
- Engage each customer with dignity, integrity and professionalism; making sure every customer feels like your only customer.
- Demonstrate respect for the urgency of customer communication by returning all phone calls and emails the same business day.
- Contribute to an internal environment of teamwork that fully supports our promised delivery of superior external customer service. Interdepartmental communication and cooperation is crucial to our success.
- Use every interaction as an opportunity to strengthen customer relationships. New, current and potential customers deserve our very best, every day.
1. Help create a positive, high energy, customer friendly environment that make customers feel welcome while in the branch or on the phone.
2. Performs a variety of duties to support the paying and receiving function of the branch office of which the following are illustrative:
- Accepts deposits of various account types.
- Accepts loan payments, safe deposit box rent, TT&L deposits, and other related payments.
- Processes night deposits and mail deposits.
- Processes manual direct deposit transactions for selected accounts.
- Greets and serves customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Maintains an awareness of new business opportunities with customers; actively refers customers to appropriate customer service personnel.
- Actively participates in cross-selling opportunities, in soliciting new business from present and prospective customers; Maintains an awareness of new business opportunities with customers by referring customers to appropriate customer service personnel to expand customer account relationships.
- Maintains an approved level of cash; turns in excess and mutilated cash.
- Prepares daily settlement and proof of cash transactions; balances cash drawer accurately and efficiently on a daily basis; reports differences to Head Teller/ Assistant Branch Manager.
- Maintains supplies and an awareness of Teller supply inventory control.
- Performs online maintenance according to established procedures.
- Performs various clerical duties, including but not limited to, answering telephone, ordering checks, checking video cameras, and ordering supplies.
3. Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
4. Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
5. Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.
6. Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate bank personnel.
7. Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other bank personnel, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
8. Refers customers with respect to deposit products, consumer loans, other services, and non traditional bank products.
9. Attends workshops, seminars and other developmental opportunities to improve individual and/or team performance.
10. Supports and adheres to the Core Values of the Bank.
11. Demonstrates respect for lines of authority as well as for others including fellow employees.
May be required, on occasion, to provide safe deposit box services to customers.
May be required to provide support in non-paying and receiving activities, e.g., new accounts, loans, etc.
May be required to balance and/or service ATM machines.
May be required to verify and wrap coin for vault cash control purposes.
Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
- Teller machine
- Copy machine
- Computer keyboard
- Coin machine(s)
- Currency verifier
- Combination lock
- Check cutter
- Fax machine
Education/Training: A high school diploma or equivalent with an emphasis in a business or accounting curriculum.
Skill(s): Moderate reading, writing, and grammar skills; proficient analytical and mathematics skills; proficient communicative and interpersonal relations skills; proficient eye-hand coordination; ability to operate various office machines; basic PC and keyboarding skills; ability to lift approximately fifty (50) lbs. of coin; visual and auditory skills.
Experience: Three (3) to six (6) months related experience and/or training preferred.