- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 1 year of experience in a data quality or data compliance role
- 1 year of experience working with data models, specifically master and transactional data entities
- 1 year of experience working with data management
- 1 year of experience with SQL, especially Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Server Integration Services
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong understanding of industry-wide data governance theories and principles
The Technical Data Steward ensures the data used is accurate, meets quality standards, moves through technology systems as it should and is used as intended. This team member organizes and operates the company’s enterprise metadata repository. They collect company technical terms and translate them into enterprise-level metadata. They are responsible for the development and implementation of processes to manage enterprise-level technical metadata as well as the content and usage of the business metadata.
- Serve as an active member of data governance engagement and forums and provide expertise as needed
- Identify and help define functional and enterprise data needs
- Identify and help resolve data issues
- Provide input on data guidelines, standards and policies
- Help implement and communicate data quality standards
- Provide current data definitions and data models
- Learn about the data and information architecture
- Gain basic knowledge of data processes and information systems
- Help review materials created by stewards or the governance office to confirm their technical validity
- Create transparency on data architectures and database models
- Assist in the technical resolution of issues
- Create and manage lists of data shares/traceability and systems supporting the data domain
- Develop and implement processes to manage technical metadata as well as the content and usage of business metadata
Who We Are
Amrock is one of the largest providers of title insurance, property valuations and settlement services in the nation. The company is an authorized agent of the highest-rated title insurers in the industry, and its solutions power many of the nation's largest residential lending institutions. Amrock is a preferred provider to five of the top 20 Fortune 100 companies and many of the largest residential mortgage lenders. The company is based in Detroit and retains regional operating centers in Ohio, California, Pennsylvania and Texas.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.