The Director of Supply Chain will be responsible for leadership and operational management of the end to end supply chain planning and deployment.
- Responsible for Management and oversight of all Production Planning, Warehousing, Inventory Control and Distribution activities
- Take overall responsibility for the strategic sourcing management goals of the company and implement action items to ensure that those goals are achieved
- Negotiate for best possible cost service guarantee and develop “win-win” strategies that achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning
- Implement supplier agreements/contracts when beneficial by working with cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions
- Generating and implementing efficient sourcing
- Proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and utilize emerging opportunities
- Maintain and develop supplier relationships (supplier meetings, conferences, etc.)
- Develop a supplier management program with key suppliers including metrics, performance goals and improvement initiatives
- Establish purchasing policies and ensures compliance within the department
- Continuously improve productivity and efficiency of procurement processes throughout the organization
- Perform cost savings initiatives and risk analyses (financial, legal, etc.) to avoid issues and limit negative impacts
- Develop and conduct annual contract assessments for upcoming renewals
- Controls, plans, directs and manages the supply chain
- Responsible for achieving all demand, supply, inventory KPI’s
- Oversee the procurement of all raw material, equipment, packaging, consumable items and indirect supplies and services to ensure adequate inventories for continuous, uninterrupted production schedules and engineering projects.
- Oversee the shipping and receiving departments to assure that all raw materials and produced product are properly received, shipped, checked, warehoused, cycle counted and rotated
- Identify and develop new sources of supply
- Capacity planning, forecasting, and inventory management
- Documents entire demand and supply planning process and follows the standardized procedures
- Provides data and actively participates in planning process meetings
- Degree in Logistics, Engineering or Supply Chain Management
- APICS certification (CPIM, CSCP) preferred
- Minimum 10 years related experience minimum in a similar capacity
- Experience with Cloudesuite Industrial ERP system and planning software preferred
- Proficient to advanced Microsoft Excel skills; Microsoft Access skills preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Embraces change, challenges status quo and makes recommendations for improvements to processes.
- Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance of, others in sensitive situations
- Ability to communicate across multiple levels of the organization, verbally (face to face and virtual) and written
- Capable to translating complex supply chain challenges into simple communication understood by our partners
- Negotiation skills and ability dealing with ambiguous and complex environments
- Ability to prioritize and to focus on details with attention to accuracy and deadlines
- Proven experience handling sensitive and confidential information
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of DeWolff, Boberg & Associates and the clients we represent is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. DB&A hires and promotes individuals solely based on their qualifications for the position to be filled.
DB&A and our clients believe that all employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each team member to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.