The Center for PreCollege Programs administers precollege and pipeline programs designed to educate, inspire and prepare students to be successful in secondary and post-secondary education while promoting a college-going culture. Our commitment is to effectively support students by providing opportunities to achieve and grow. The Center for PreCollege Programs includes our TRIO programs of Talent Search and Upward Bound, the Abbott Leadership Institute, University-Assisted Partnerships with local high schools, Cooperman Scholars Program and the Rutgers Future Scholars Program, our collaboration across Rutgers University.
Rutgers University-Newark, an urban public research university and anchor institution, located in Newark, New Jersey, a city of promise, is seeking a Student Counselor (Temporary) for the Center of Pre-College Programs which will report to the Program Director.
- The Student Counselor (Temporary)
duties will include but are not limited to:
- Providing academic, financial, and personal counseling to first generation low-income students.
- Coordinating and facilitating student support activities with middle and high school students focused on mentorship, teambuilding, and college readiness.
- Maintaining accurate data and student records to support program objectives.
- Working on campus and onsite at local Orange and/or Irvington Public Schools.
- Assisting in the development of the syllabus/ lesson plans for students assigned to program.
- Supporting and fostering relationships with school administrators, program partners and other TRiO Programs.
- Providing program support as needed.
- Working during Saturday programming sessions as scheduled.
For more information please visit: https://centerforprecollege.newark.rutgers.edu/
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Requires up to two years relevant experience in an administrative function, good communication and interpersonal skills, and computer literacy.
- Requires up to two years relevant experience in
- youth development and programming, good communication and interpersonal skill, and computer literacy.
- Must have a valid state driver’s license, have transportation for travel to Orange and/or Irvington school districts as needed.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of all pre-employment screenings.