gettacar is a direct-to-your-door, online platform that enables users to buy, finance, and trade used cars. The old way of buying cars is outdated. We want buying a car to be as simple as buying a pair of shoes and as trustworthy as online banking. By controlling the process from beginning to end, we allow customers to shop a wide inventory of cars, choose their terms, and have the car delivered right to their door. We even give 7 days to decide if you want to keep it. This is the future of car buying.
About the position:
gettacar is seeking a versatile, goal-driven individual with high standards of achievement and a taste for challenge to join our team as a Staff Accountant. This role will support the Finance Team in maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts. Additionally, preparing and analyzing various reconciliations, as well general bookkeeping, are also fundamental tasks.
This role is perfect for an individual who enjoys a fast-paced work environment that's full of variety and teamwork. We are looking for candidates who are eager to use their amazing understanding of people and processes to help create a successful, fun, welcoming place of business with us at gettacar!
We'll count on you to:
- Be a go-to person in a pinch by being cross-trained in all areas of Accounting and Finance, with a willingness to step in when needed
- Perform Monthly closing duties, account analysis, journal entries, account reconciliations and special projects
- Reconcile and resolve account discrepancies
- Be comfortable speaking with vendors and clients over the phone
- Perform assigned tactical duties related to lien payoffs and funding for car deals including posting deals and inspection of all contract correspondences with banks
- Process aftermarket warranties, including payments and cancellations
- Provide recommendations for process improvements to increase efficiency
- Be flexible enough to organize and adapt daily work to changing situations and demands
- Partner with the accounting, sales, and F&I teams to implement process and flow that creates a culture of teamwork, quality, ownership, and accountability on a day-to-day basis
Skills & Qualifications:
- BA / BS degree preferred, preferably in accounting
- 2 years work experience in an accounting role
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong prioritizing and problem-solving skills.
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office programs, especially Word and Excel
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle and complete high-volume transactions with minimal errors.
- Must be a team player with positive, winning attitude.
- Previous automotive experience is not required