The MD FP&A team is a proactive organization that anticipates problems and drives results by “looking around the corner” to anticipate financial impacts and develop mitigation/capture plans for risks & opportunities. The FP&A analyst is a highly visible position supporting the MD leadership team. This individual works closely with the MD Sr. Finance Manager and FP&A Manager and will be asked to act as delegate for FP&A Manager when needed. Building a strong working relationship with the MD Director is essential. Frequent interaction with the MSS Finance Director and MSS FP&A Manager should also be expected.
Major responsibilities include monthly forecasting, AOP, 5 year plan, unbilled cash reviews, as well as other ad-hoc management reviews. The FP&A analyst is responsible for continuous improvement of the monthly forecasting accuracy and process. Also this individual will help lead the annual operating plan and 5 year planning. The position includes supporting management of the NBI budget.
The successful candidate will have a very strong finance acumen specifically including the critical Raytheon financial policies and practices. The applicant will need the ability to build strong relationships with the program business managers and analysts responsible as well as program managers to ensure a strong understanding of the programs.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Prepare Management for monthly operating reviews, financial overviews and other reporting activities as required
- Participate in the development of the five year strategic and annual operating plans and related analysis as well as possess the ability to coordinate the accumulation and presentation of nonfinancial data
- Support the monthly closing process and provide variance analysis
- Serve as the partner in the planning and forecasting process with the FP&A Manager and program business managers
- Improve financial planning processes across MD
- Strong understanding of revenue recognition principles
- Strong working knowledge of Raytheon business systems (SAP, BPS, APEX, Rplan)
- Proficient user of MS Word & Powerpoint, power user of MS Excel.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work flexibly in a fast-paced changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate complex information concisely
- Independent, self-motivated, and highly organized
- Ability to form relationships with local and remote personnel across all disciplines, driving behavior without formal position power
- Ability to develop working relationships with DCMA customers
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.