Initiates and processes faculty practice provider
enrollments/re-enrollments including, but not limited to preparing,
sending and receiving related correspondence; assisting in
resolving denials or rejections; ensuring proper payment; and
providing related information to Information Systems.
- Initiates and tracks enrollment and re-enrollment for new faculty practice providers with government and faculty practice contracted managed care carriers.
- Prepares, sends and receives correspondence to providers, clinical department personnel, managed care/government carriers and others to obtain required credentialing information for government/managed care enrollment.
- Assists the System FPP business office in resolving provider related denials and rejections, and ensures proper payment for services.
- Communicates billing provider numbers and effective dates to the FPP Information Systems to ensure the billing system is updated.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Prior experience working for a government institution, managed care carrier or physician practice processing physician enrollments, preferred.
- Knowledge of physician enrollment with government/managed care organizations.
- Sound organizational, time management, communication, customer service and Microsoft Word/ Excel skills.