Status: Part-time/Seasonal, non-exempt, hourly
Schedule: M-F, 15 hours/week between 8:30 a.m. 4:30 p.m. for 14-16 weeks, including occasional evening and weekend work based on seasonal business needs/position requirements
Reports to: Digital Marketing Coordinator
Direct reports: None
Start date: ASAP
Location: Chicago, IL
Everything we do is about the IES Abroad student. Our profoundly passionate team of study abroad professionals believes in creating once-in-a-lifetime educational adventures that transcend expectations. Our goal is to rock the world of some 9,500 study abroad students every year.
From our headquarters in Chicago to our 400 study abroad programs in 85 global locations worldwide, we create authentic global education and life-affirming cultural experiences. We work at IES Abroad because we believe that every student should have the opportunity to go abroad - especially in a fun, safe, and superior academic and cultural environment.
We believe so strongly in the power of our program, that we actively recruit students from diverse populations and provide more than $5 million in scholarships year after year. We are proud that our students are as diverse and exciting as the countries we study.
We're not ashamed to admit, we're a little bit obsessed with study abroad.
Summary of position:
IES Abroad and the Study Abroad Foundation SAF are looking for a social media intern with strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, marketing techniques and various social media platforms to work as a contributing member of the Marketing Department. The team and role are situated between Asia and the west; the ideal candidate will have experience in marketing and international business focused on Asia. The Digital Marketing Intern will contribute to social media marketing campaigns and content creation across platforms as well as assist the department with larger projects, productions and campaigns as needed. A key metric will be the development of innovative methods to show and tell the SAF story in compelling and meaningful ways through social media. This internship is a great way for a current or recent college student to gain hands-on international marketing experience.
Essential job responsibilities & duties:
- Create, assist and execute social media strategy including creating content, scheduling, posting, and tracking to drive followers and engagement on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Work with the AVP of International Marketing and Recruiting as part of the Marketing team to curate and craft creative and engaging social media content videos/promos, photos, graphics, blogs, memes, live stories, GIFS, etc..
- Monitor, analyze, and report on social media analytics, leveraging data and insights to take advantage of opportunities to drive traffic, increase following and engagements, and identifying other opportunities for improvement.
- Work within an 'always on' global team.
- Interact and collaborate with counterparts in China.
- Contribute to SEO optimization of social media and owned asset posts, and propose social media opportunities and ideas that align with SAF's keyword strategy.
- Participate in campaigns from brainstorm to execution through to post project review.
- Assist the marketing team in developing and executing creative strategies and campaigns, to support SAF's digital marketing and social media efforts
- Create new marketing campaigns and initiatives online,
including both paid and unpaid organic advertising, to drive
traffic, follower growth, engagement, and generate leads.
- Write, interview, review, edit, and support content creation efforts for active and new student campaign initiatives.
- Perform market analysis and research on the latest trends and competitors.
- Integrate and support an effective, robust overall marketing strategy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications/Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills; with a strong ability to create omnichannel content.
- Previous experience managing social media including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and WeChat to reach audiences with paid and organic campaigns or proven capability to work within this realm.
- Interest or experience in international marketing ideally focused on Asia or China.
- Ability to think creatively and help contribute to company strategies.
- Drive to learn more about the marketing function in an organization.
- Exceptional storytelling skills and creativity.
- Deep understanding of emerging trends, great performing tactics and changing landscape in content and social across all platforms and how that intersects with brand marketing and culture at large.
- Knowledge in content management system and optimizing for engagement on a digital platform
- Graphic design and editing software e.g. Adobe Creative Suite especially Premiere, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign a plus.
- Ability to self-start, work independently, and balance multiple tasks at once.
- Detail-oriented and well organized.
- Positive attitude and team player.
- Ability to work autonomously and use critical thinking.
- Familiarity of AP style.
Education Licenses and/or Certifications etc:
- High School Diploma required
- Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations major or related subject required
How to Apply:
All applicants should submit an application including cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by clicking 'Apply Now' at the right hand side of this page.
Please visit www.IESabroad.org/jobs for more information about working at IES Abroad.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Treating all people with respect is at the core of who we are.
As an equal opportunity employer, we recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex including pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, citizenship, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information and/or other protected status as required by applicable law.
When you join IES Abroad, you're part of a diverse community of global leaders who know that our differences in skills and backgrounds are just as important as our shared passions and mission. Surrounded by a mix of talented professionals, you find yourself wanting to come to work, and, more importantly, wanting to stay and advance our mission together.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties above are not to be considered a complete list of duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.