Barbaricum is seeking a Senior Strategic Communications Advisor to directly support the senior communications leadership of the Defense Health Agency’s (DHA) Strategic Communications Office. This individual will provide strategic communications advice and guidance to DHA/MHS Communications leadership. In addition, the senior advisor will help direct a 50 person strategic communications team and oversee multiple communication workstreams to successfully research, plan, implement and evaluate organizational campaigns.
- Interact daily with the DHA Communications Director and Deputy Director of Communications to assist in coordinating all communications activities across the division.
- Demonstrated leadership to assist with the management and integration of a team of 50 communications team members.
- Full life-cycle communications campaigns–Research, Planning, Implementation, and Evaluation–with the ability to identify innovative and creative ways to deliver Defense Health Agency (DHA) / Military Health System (MHS) communication missions.
- Experience working in the DoD with 10 years serving in roles that require routine interaction with senior leaders.
- Experience in planning and managing communications and/or management assets at the OSD, Joint Staff and/or senior military service level.
- Superior written and verbal skills with the ability to translate technical medical requirements into easily understood communications.
- Prior strategic communications leadership in DoD; DHA/MHS experience a plus.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in in Communications, Marketing, Public Affairs, Public Administration, or related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Ability to foster team culture and integration in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.
- Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) preferred but not required.
Job Type: Contract
- Bachelor's (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday