We are seeking a Research Associate at the National Center for PTSD and the VA Health Services Research and Development (HSR&D) Center for Innovation to Implementation (Ci2i) at the VA Palo Alto. The research associate will coordinate federally funded research projects addressing patient engagement, health equity, and access to care in the treatment of PTSD and chronic health conditions. Project methods span psychometrics, epidemiology, and behavioral science. The position is located at the Menlo Park Campus of the VA Palo Alto Health Care System (795 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025).
We are looking for an outgoing, detail-oriented person to coordinate a multi-disciplinary investigator team, and collaborate with the PI to develop and execute project goals and management plans. The ideal candidate will be comfortable taking initiative, coordinating and tracking multiple activities and processes, and communicating with providers and administrators across the health system. Excellent opportunities are available to build skills with survey research, data management and analysis, and scientific writing.
- Ensures that all study timelines and objectives are met through and team coordination
- Facilitates tracking, documentation, and adherence to research regulatory requirements
- Data documentation, management and analysis using R, Stata, or similar statistical analysis programs
- Fosters and coordinates communication and feedback among investigator team and stakeholder groups
- Collaborates in preparation and writing of research manuscripts, conference presentations, and grant submissions
- Required: 2 years of related research experience with project management or other research experience with psychological science, psychometrics/econometrics, or health services research
- Preferred: Master’s Degree (or equivalent work experience) in Public Health, Psychology, Economics, or related field.
- Required: Proficiency with statistical analysis software (e.g., R, Stata)
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen. Permanent residents are not eligible
- Ability to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Strong analytical, reasoning, scientific writing, and organizational skills
- Ability to work on-site in Menlo Park, CA
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $98,000.00 /year
- Research: 1 year (Required)
- Project Management: 1 year (Required)
- R, Stata, or SAS: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Menlo Park, CA (Required)
- United States (Required)