Walsh is currently seeking a Regional Quality Manager for the Heavy Civil and Transportation Division for the Northeast Region. This position will sit out of our regional office in Rutherford, New Jersey.
The Regional Quality Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and leading quality operations within a single or multiple business groups. The Regional Quality Manager will be a leader of continuous improvement and risk management strategy through effective implementation of the QMS to improve profitability.
Walsh is a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company, and we constantly seek builders and business people to join our industry-leading team. Walsh employees are "built to succeed" - competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to take risks after careful planning. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
- Challenging, complex projects
- Creative and innovative problem solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward your success
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
- Flexibility to build what you want, where you want
- Continually coordinates with clients, Business Group Operations Managers, service providers, and Project Managers to ensure seamless application of quality programming for the region or BGLs.
- Establishes, monitors and reports on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for business groups and project teams to ensure continuous improvement. Analyzes group’s KPIs; evaluates trends and provides improvement strategies. Shares lessons learned throughout the company to continuously improve and reduce repetitive rework.
- Promotes the importance of Quality throughout the company in alignment with corporate strategy; supports creation of project implementation plans and training.
- Provides advanced leadership to drive development of staff. Has high-level interactive involvement with strategic recruitment and staffing, succession planning and training. Serves as mentor and coach to all levels of QC Managers to advance their careers at Walsh, improving retention.
- Assists BGLs and their Program, Area and Operations Managers in establishing project quality staff requirements as well as identifying/developing qualified quality project personnel.
- Routinely audits project and area quality programs seeking continuous improvement; utilizing the Project QC Evaluation and other auditing tools. Provides feedback to Operations and Quality Management of major QIRs, project team relationships, owner/client perceptions and overall quality management recurring non-conformances.
- Assists Division Director in QMS updating and auditing. Establishes, implements and maintains standardized quality processes and standard operating procedures.
- Contributes to company-wide and cross-division Quality initiatives, lesson sharing and overall continuous improvement. Involvement in support groups such as Construction Technology Forum (CTF), Focus Group or other company improvement initiatives is encouraged.
- Responsible for risk management strategy that helps business groups improve profitability by reducing risk and improving efficiency via process management and risk mitigation.
- Responsible for mega project start-up including project management planning (PMP documents), documentation setup and initial partnering efforts. Supports in project pursuits via proposal write-ups, quality cost estimation and contractual risk management.
- Maintains relationships with owners, clients, subcontractors, design partners and stakeholders to support project partnering and issue resolution. Coordinates initial project quality training and partnering efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in AEC program or equivalent related field experience
- Preferred Construction Industry Association Certification in Organizational Management, Auditing, and/or Training
Minimum 15 years of experience in AEC with a minimum of 10 years QA/QC leadership
- Preferred Professional Registration in an AEC
Travel required within area or region served
- Must be a proficient public speaker, presenter and trainer
- Excellent communication skills, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities, and ability to prioritize, organize and manage time