Avita Health System currently operates three major healthcare
facilities and 31 clinic locations throughout North Central Ohio.
Within the last three years, the system has tripled in size
branching out into ten communities throughout the region. There are
over 1,800 employees and 110 employed member multispecialty group
of physicians and advanced practitioners that provide these
communities with optimal, high-quality healthcare. In 2015, Avita
has received a national award, placing them in the top 10 percent
nationally in customer service.
Avita Health System continues to grow, and with our expansion we have various open positions in our Bucyrus, Galion and Ontario locations.
We are currently accepting resumes & applications for the following position, located at our Ontario, Ohio location:
Coordinates and performs a variety of administrative, medical secretarial and/or operational support duties. Provides support for any position within Health Services as directed by Office Manager. Responsible for resolving routine to complex inquiries or problems, completing charge entry, batching bills on a daily basis, and resolving a variety of related data and information issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Sign on and off with answering service daily and promptly by office hours.
2. Is a motivated, independent individual who can prioritize and organize workload so that all functions are completed appropriately.
3. Demonstrates ability to remain calm in emergency and/or stressful situations and gives everyone a feeling of confidence that the situation is under control.
4. Organizes and directs the patients’ visit, gathering appropriate data relative to the visit.
5. Greets ALL patients warmly with a smile.
6. Participates in orientation of new personnel, when appropriate.
7. Is able to follow directions, both oral and written, and work cooperatively with other healthcare team members.
8. Demonstrates creativity in solving problems and looking at situations in new and innovative ways, attempting to consider viewpoint of others.
9. Consistently follows the policies and procedures of the organization.
10. Fills in telephone message sheets in detail and gives to triage personnel.
11. Obtains and maintains a thorough knowledge of scheduling and inquiry screens.
12. Schedules appointments according to office protocols.
13. Copies medical records for transfer to other physicians or facilities.
14. Accesses computer system for appropriate forms and schedule reports.
15. Enters all demographics and insurances into the computer.
16. Consistently and accurately updates all changes in demographics and insurance asking patients each visit for update.
17. Contacts patients by phone to remind them of appointments per office protocol.
18. Consistently maintains the lobby daily by keeping it neat and tidy, watering plants, etc.
19. Gives the patient accurate account balance information, and collects co-payments that are due at each visit.
20. Interacts with and treats patients, families, co-workers, managers and other departmental personnel in a kind, knowledgeable, helpful and courteous manner as well as with respect and dignity.
21. Alerts supervisor of potential problems or situations needing attention.
22. Completes window receipts and balances to window cash daily.
23. Assists in cost containment through the appropriate utilization and conserving of supplies and equipment.
24. Coordinates patient requests for same day or urgent care.
25. Triages patient calls as requested by the physician/providers.
26. Performs other duties as assigned.
27. . Completes annual education requirements.
28. Attends mandatory inservices without need for reminders or make-up sessions.
29. Adheres to regulatory requirements including all state, federal and the accrediting body regulations.
30. Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
31. Attends a minimum of 6 staff meetings annually; reads and signs all monthly staff meeting minutes and memos.
32. Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
33. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
34. Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner including in the community.
35. Adheres to the Standards of Behavior established by the organization.
36. Communicates the mission, vision and values of the facility.
37. Exhibits and practices good customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
38. Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
39. Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
40. Uses punch time system and completes edit sheets when necessary correctly.
41. Wears identification while on duty with photo clearly visible on the chest/lapel level.
42. Completes work within designated time.
43. Returns from breaks, meals, errands and inservices on time.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Six months to one year of experience in a medical office environment as a medical assistant/receptionist in a Physician Office, or equivalent.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
Monday through Friday; 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM
80 hrs Bi-Weekly