Who we are
Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world?s most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We?re looking for diverse, talented team members who want to Dream. Do. Grow. with us.
Who we?re looking for
Toyota?s TMNA Body Production Engineering Department is looking for a passionate and highly-motivated Quality Seibi Technician.
- Check/confirm body weld jigs, tools, pallets, parts and assemblies to meet quality targets/KPIs for new model launch.
- Prepare, troubleshoot and confirm new tooling/equipment, parts and sub-assemblies at various tool/equipment vendors.
- Support weld and tool quality confirmation activities at NAMCs from installation through SOP.
- Create detailed Seibi daily plans, Project Task Reports, Problem Follow Sheets, track activity status, coordinate Safety communications (JSA, CMs/remedies to unsafe conditions, & safety audits), and support daily/weekly verbal and written communication with the Project Leader and Seibi Management.
- Provide effective written and verbal communication with Quality Seibi Team Members, Management and outside groups regarding dimensional information and issues that require resolution.
- Gather/manage part information from Digital Engineering systems and drawings.
- Analyze part/sub-assembly dimensional data and feedback to Project Leader and Seibi Management.
- Perform equipment/tool/part confirmation utilizing Vectorarm, FARO Arm, FARO Laser Tracker, check fixture, weld tooling/equipment measurements, and part fitting activities.
- Engage in travel (or dispatch) to U.S., Canada and/or Mexico NAMCs and machine suppliers, as well as foreign travel including Japan, Canada, Mexico.
- Commonly work overtime, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma (or higher)
- Toyota New Model experience
- Automotive Body Quality experience
- Proficient with Microsoft products (Excel, Power-Point, Word, Outlook)
- Proficient with Digital Engineering (DE) tools related to Body Weld metrology/dimensional measurement, including: SMSBR, 3D Magic, PolyWorks
- Proficient with basic robot teaching, including Z-teaching and Sabun report generation
- Strong ability to review and interpret part, machine / jig drawings and 3D data
- Proficient with Body Quality measurement tools and techniques
- 2-year Technical Associates degree or higher
- Toyota PE Quality, Body Weld Quality and/or Seibi experience
- Experience with mentoring and/or technical training
- Proficient with DE tools related to Body Weld metrology/dimensional measurement, including: IGRIP, PCDMIS, Catia
- Skilled in gathering and analyzing all quality related part/jig/CMM data
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Vehicle purchase & lease programs
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flexible work options based on business needs
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child care, schools and more
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)