Quality Control Chemist, Bedford Park
Hallstar is a leading global provider of specialty chemistry solutions. The company takes a collaborative approach to every engagement, working to understand customer businesses in order to provide not only the products that customers need, but the technical support, chemistry expertise and industry knowledge that help the customer make the most of those products.
We believe that our versatility and growth has come directly from contributions made by our team. We are committed to developing our people to their full potential in a working environment where everyone is fully engaged and valued. We offer development opportunities to further enhance business, technical and leadership skills. And as a dynamic, growing, international company we can offer a range of career opportunities around the globe.
To learn more, visit www.hallstar.com. Let’s Work Wonders ®
We are currently in search of a QC Chemist to join our Industrial team in Bedford Park, IL.
Position schedule includes 12-hour shifts, including some weekends.
Position Responsibilities Include
- Test and inspect products at various stages of the manufacturing process according to established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and compile and evaluate statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products.
- Prepare and test samples to determine if the material meets stated specifications and report results.
- Analyze in-process samples, incoming raw materials, and outgoing products.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of chemical testing equipment and processes. Validate instrumentation and experiments including minor equipment troubleshooting and repair.
Minimum of Associate’s Degree in Chemistry or related degree and experience in analysis of organics (wet chemistry, chromatography and spectroscopy). Applied knowledge and experience in math skills, analysis, and operation of lab equipment. Exhibit time management skills to manage multiple projects concurrently. Work independently on each project, while collaborating with cross-functional teams and business functions. Practice good laboratory safety techniques.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00 to $25.00 /hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Quality Control: 3 years (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- 12 hour shift
- Waiting period may apply