For more than forty years, Multifamily Management Services (“MMS”) and its affiliates (Arco Management, TUC Management, and GoldOller Real Estate Investments) has been dedicated to quality property management. With just 400 apartment units at its genesis, MMS has grown to 40,000 units nationwide with a diversified portfolio including affordable senior/multifamily, conventional senior/multifamily and commercial properties. We are one of the largest firms in the country. If you are interested in joining a growing team of dedicated professionals in our high-tech environment, then we invite you to learn more about MMS career opportunities. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and afford our employees the ability for growth and advancement through continuous training and education programs. Contact us today to see how you can achieve YOUR MMS Edge.
We are seeking an experience Property Manager for this 84 unit Property in Newark NJ
Property Manager - Applicants must have Low Income Housing Tax Credit experience*. The Property Manager will be responsible, under the direction of the Regional Manager, for the overall management of site operations and supervision of maintenance of the physical property. Above all else, the spirit of teamwork and cooperation with other team members will not only improve the job you do but enhance the entire work experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect rent and maintain computer records; Follow-up delinquent accounts and pursue collections in accordance with established procedures.
- Monitor expenses to ensure spending is within guidelines.
- Maintain tenant files and related documentation regarding continuing eligibility and adjustments.
- Show vacant apartments utilizing professional marketing procedures.
- Address resident concerns in a professional manner.
- Hire, train, and supervise site staff and oversee overall maintenance of the property.
- Conduct property inspections.
- Complete income verification to ensure eligibility with government regulations.
- Handle the financial operations of the properties.
- Knowledge of Department of Housing and Urban Development ( HUD ) rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of laws and standards that apply to property management, such as Fair Housing Laws, Landlord-Tenant Law, OSHA Standards, local and state building codes.
Qualifications for this Position
- High school education or equivalent.
- Must have excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Three years of multi-family residential management experience – minimum two years affordable housing experience
- Ability to work independently, organize tasks, manage time and prioritize projects
- Must have experience in Section 8 voucher submission, tax-credit and OneSite Software
- LIHTC Certification, preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer