POSITION TITLE: Production Worker
SUPERVISOR: Production Manager
Work as a valued member of the Aladdin operations. This job will primarily consist of operating fabricating machines that cut, shape, and bend metal structures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production.
- Operates machinery and equipment.
- Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Measures work piece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- Sets stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule or template.
- Positions work piece against stops or aligns layout marks with die or blade.
- Pushes button or depresses pedal to activate machine.
- Removes burrs, sharp edges, from work piece.
- Observes machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the Production Manager
- Track production on schedule boards.
- Attach appropriate labels and tags to products and packages.
- Pack finished goods into correct packages and boxes.
- Place finished goods on the designated pallet.
- Must be willing to accept and receive frequent supervision and assistance with regard to machine set-up.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Operates any equipment needed to perform job and performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Must have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken. Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math, and use basic hand held measuring tools. (Rulers, tapes, etc.)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly exposed to any number of elements but with none present to the extent of being disagreeable. Employee works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- General Safety.
- Basic Machine Operating Safety.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
Personal Protective Equipment must be worn at all times.
- Safety Glasses
- Ear Plugs
Shift can very greatly during the summer.
Standard hours are 7:30-4:30 but department changes will occur regularly based on production demand.
40 hours per week
50 hours possible during the peak production