NIFCO is looking for positive, hardworking individuals who are willing to be a liaison between design and production side of injection molding manufacturing. This individual will facilitate the release of new molded components and maturate them throughout the pre-production phase with support of a cross functional team (Team includes project, quality, tooling, and manufacturing).Training for this position could be 6 months in Canal Winchester, OH before transitioning to the Shelbyville, KY facility.
- Use 2D or 3D data to create part print drawings. Facilitate timely creation and implementation of drawings to production team. Continue to support until SOP for all responsible parts.
- Conduct Cross Functional meetings to review drawings, quality control points, specifications, and other related material to product maturation.
- Support production plants via local and on-site activity.
- Work with quality teams to provide customer specific documentation for things like gage R&R, vehicle assembly, or countermeasure protocol.
- Work with quality teams to verify parts are in spec to customer requirements and determine countermeasures as needed to improve out of spec components.
- Responsible for making design-related decisions throughout the maturation process. Create and manipulate 3D data and solid models. Initiate and/or carry out engineering change requests
- Provide customer design support through meetings, hand sketches, drawings and data transfer (May be extended to on-site visitation)
- Investigate cost reduction activities and support Kaizen initiatives
- Update DFMEA, control plans, and Quality sketches
- Aid in molding and packaging trials as needed.
- Other duties as specified by Department Manager
- Training for this position could be 6 months in Canal Winchester, OH before transitioning to the Shelbyville, KY facility.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent degree. (0-5 years of product maturation and development experience)
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills to interact effectively with customers and other Nifco personnel
- Familiarity with CATIA, Solidworks, Creo, or Autodesk Inventor. Other 3D modeling software may be considered as valid experience.
- Must be able to travel and work via overnight trips.
- Ability to multitask effectively.
- Must work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be a licensed driver with a safe driving record.
- Work with DFMEA, control plans, and Quality sketches
- FEA, Moldflow, and other simulation tools
- Design of Experiments
- Gage R&R
- Understanding of a variety of manufacturing processes like injection molding, metal stamping, and welding
- Understanding of Toyota is a plus
- Drafting experience is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- United States (Required)
- 25% (Required)
- Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status)?
- Multiple locations
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
- Waiting period may apply