The Process Control Specialist is the onsite
subject-matter-expert for the plant PLC’s and instrumentation. This
role is responsible for coordination of PLC/HMI design, programming
and troubleshooting with emphasis on Rockwell systems. Will assist
in project planning/implementation of new equipment and
modifications. Responsible for troubleshooting all electrical,
instrumentation and process malfunctions, including mechanical
power transmission equipment and hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
The role can be expanded to include supervision of process areas
and employees for a person with previous leadership
- Serve as onsite subject-matter-expert for PLC design, programming and troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot plant issues pertaining to PLC and control logic
- This person will be responsible for the scheduling of planned and unplanned instrumentation and PLC projects.
- The candidate must possess a thorough working knowledge of plant automation and electrical systems such as Allen Bradley ControlLogix Processors, Ethernet, Fiber Optic, Wonder ware HMI programing, VFD, PID controllers and power distribution.
- Knowledge of electrical/electronic systems and components (including design, integration & testing for industrial applications
- Must have a broad technical capability to integrate real-time hardware-in-the-loop systems (ranging from detailed electronic subsystem and component functional valuation/analysis/modeling, to large scale complex system level interaction across multiple boxes and electrical/electronic subsystems).
- Electrical control and electrical power systems design, integration & test for operations equipment control.
- Integration and/or simulation of sensors such as pressure transducers, RTDs, thermocouples, scale integrators, etc.
- Integration and/or simulation of solenoid valves, servo valves, or electromechanical actuators.
- Diagnose malfunctioning apparatus and replace damaged wires and cable.
- Connect power supply wires to and between machines and equipment.
- Replace faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, motors and position sensing devices.
- Comply with safety standards and procedures.
- Work closely with Operations to ensure that the plant and pumping stations run efficiently.
- Promote continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Conduct on-call duties as needed.
- Complete light mechanical maintenance tasks as needed.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous experience supervising 5 or more employees a plus.
- Minimum 2 year Vocational/Technical Associates degree in PLC/HMI related field; Prefer 4-year bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Journeyman Licensure.
- 6 years of industrial electrical troubleshooting and repair or similar experience.
- Must have subject-matter-expert (SME) level knowledge relating to Programmable Logic Controller installation/troubleshooting, including knowledge of electrical/mechanical/pneumatic devices as related to PLCs.
- Subject matter expert level PLC programming utilizing Allen Bradley or equivalent; Knowledge of multiple PLC programming languages a plus.
- Must have significant knowledge of industrial control systems and OSHA standards.
- Exposure to System Engineering principles and processes.
- Fluent understanding of 3-phase power supply, feeders and current limiting devices.
- Experience working with electrical motors, relays, switches, sensors and lighting fixtures.
- Knowledge and navigation of NEC codes.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.