Hours: Three 8-10 hour shifts, overnight shift and a day-time shift available, Sunday through Friday,
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Farmer’s Fridge is on a mission to make it simple for everyone to eat well. We serve healthy, handcrafted meals and snacks from our growing network of 400 software-enabled vending machines that we refer to as smart Fridges, and a new direct-to-consumer business. We are striving to change the food system from the ground up – one Fridge or delivery at a time.
We are a team that cares -– about the business, the impact our product makes, and each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. We are looking for people who want to collaborate in an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture and have a passion to succeed.
About the Part-Time Route Delivery Driver job:
The Route Delivery Driver is a crucial part of making fresh food accessible in an innovative way. You’ll distribute freshly made food directly to our customers homes, utilizing ‘No Contact Delivery’ procedures. Your job is to own your route by making sure that deliveries are sent to the correct address, during the correct time window, and ensuring our customers are getting the best possible delivery experience. In addition to direct to consumer deliveries, you may be required to distribute freshly made food to our smart fridges and retrieve food that’s ready to donate.
- This position is new! — particularly to the New York and New Jersey areas; you also need to be adaptable and innovative.
- Drivers safely and efficiently maneuver city streets in a refrigerated high top van deliver food to customers, and then use an iPad to communicate a completed deliveries
- If you deliver to our Fridges, you may be required to make minor mechanical repairs on our smart fridges but you’ll always keep your supervisor informed with check-ins and updates about issues.
- Success will be measured by consistent on-time deliveries.
- You’ll probably be the only Farmer’s Fridge employee that people see so you must be friendly and knowledgeable.
Necessary knowledge, skills and experience:
- Professional driving particularly with food shipment using a refrigerated box truck
- Ability to use technology: computers, Microsoft and iPads
- Some knowledge of mechanics (minor repairs to vans or smart fridges)
- Friendly. Your team needs to trust and feel empowered by you. Your friendly demeanor will make them feel comfortable approaching you with problems.
- Organization. You need to have a plan for your drivers and make sure that they’re enabled to carry out their routes.
- Teamwork. Even though you’ll be working solo most of the time, we’re also a team and we need to be able to depend on one another.
- Improvement Oriented. You always look for ways to do things better, smarter and faster.
Benefits at Farmer's Fridge:
Happier Weekdays - Walking into the facility should fill you with joy, not dread. We're a fun and passionate group, and we don't take ourselves too seriously. Bring your unique self to work, dress comfortably, and always feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. We encourage curiosity and inquiry; there's no hierarchy here when we're all swapping ideas.
During your break - Never run on empty by enjoying daily Farmer’s Fridge meals, challenge a coworker to a game of ping pong, de-stress by taking a spin on our Nascar arcade game, or spend your break on one of our comfy couches.
Innovate & Elevate - We're all teachers and learners. You'll grow, and help grow the company through cross-functional collaboration, open access to leadership, and regular business updates. You have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line. You can also impact your bottom line participating in our 401(k) plan that includes a company match with immediate vesting.
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosures
Powered by JazzHR