*Full Time, Part Time, and Per Diem available ASAP*
JOB TITLE: On-Call Nurse
Registered Nurse from an accredited program currently licensed
and in good standing with the State Board of
Nursing in the state of licensure. At least 1 to 2 years experience in nursing in an acute care setting or 1 year experience in home health, hospice or comparable experience is preferred. Desire and aptitude for the hospice philosophy and comfort care required.
It is the responsibility of the On Call Nurse to respond to
patient/family needs and provide necessary hospice care to patients
and families during non-business hours with regard to Infinity
Hospice Care policies and procedures.
This position reports directly to the Director of Patient Care Services or designee.
The On Call Nurse works in conjunction with the Director of
Patient Care Services, RN Case Manager and the
Interdisciplinary Team to:
- respond to and triage all after-hour calls/admissions/referrals
- explanation of legal’s and obtaining informed consent as needed
- participate in making after-hour nursing visits, as needed, to evaluate and assess a patient’s condition
- participate in making scheduled week-end visits as deemed necessary by the DPCS, RN Case
Manager, Management, patient and/or family.
- report patient condition changes to the primary care physician and/or management as required.
- receive physician telephone orders and obtain medications as needed for symptom control.
- contact the PCA, DPCS and/or the Medical Director to discuss the status of the patient prior to implementation of change from routine care to Inpatient or Continuous Care, i.e. : transfer to an inpatient unit, implementation of continuous care or any other significant change in the patient’s condition. Carry On Call Protocol in Case/Book/On Call Book.
- document all telephone contacts
- attend all home deaths and contact the PCP after death has been assessed.
- assist with post mortem care.
- submit Call Log to the DPCS each Monday morning.
- when possible, as requested carry a case load in times of high census or low staff availability.
- when possible, participate in Interdisciplinary Team meetings and up-dates the Plan of Care for assigned patients based on identified problems and needs.
- ensure all services provided are in accordance with the patient’s Plan of Care.
- educate patient and family on the disease, disease process and expectations related to the disease.
- assist with CQI activities
- work as a team member at all times.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $80,000.00 /hour
- registered nurse: 2 years (Required)
- hospice: 1 year (Required)
- Las Vegas, NV 89118 (Required)
- One location
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
Hours per week:
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- On call
- Overnight shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19