Vonnahme Eye Care provides complete vision care for the entire family. Regarded as a leader in eye care services in Western Massachusetts, we offer the full spectrum of vision care services from basic eye exams to the latest in diagnostic technology and Orthokeratology. Vonnahme Eye Care is also a member of Vision Source, North America's premier network of private practice optometrists, dedicated to preserving the elite business of independent eye care and providing highly personalized services.
Vonnahme Eye Care is seeking an Medical Assistant for our Holyoke (next to Pier 1 near Holyoke Mall) and Easthampton (Main St) locations. We are seeking energetic, loyal, and motivated individuals.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Vonnahme Eye Care.
- Greet incoming and outgoing patients.
- Scheduling and confirming appointments.
- Verifying and explaining insurance information to patients.
- Assist the doctor with patient care.
- Gathering patient information (medical history and purpose of visit),
- Administering advanced diagnostic technology (digital retinal imaging, wavefront aberrometry, corneal topography, visual field testing).
- Assist patients in selecting eyewear (frames, sunglasses, lenses).
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be confident, motivated, and have a stable work history.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A service-oriented personality is a must.
- Candidates must have open availability during patient care hours (Mon-Fri 9:00-6:00 and Sat 9:00-4:00).
Benefits and Perks
- Vonnahme Eye Care offers a positive and professional work environment.
- Competitive compensation package.
- We will happily consider candidates with little to no related experience.
- Opportunity for all employees to earn monthly bonuses.
- Satisfaction of improving the quality of life of our patients.
Powered by JazzHR