We need an experienced Mailroom Clerk to work with a federal government agency located in New York City. This is a full-time opportunity. We can offer job security and stability, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Pick up, sort and distribute incoming mail and assorted hand deliveries that are received throughout the day
- Distribute incoming mail which is delivered to the mail room two – three times per day
- Sort mail using the individuals name, floor, room number and division
- Read and route a large amount of general mail from private citizens and organizations
- Pick up outgoing mail from the staff, sort, prepare mailing envelopes, create postage labels via mail metering machine, and prepare certified mail and return receipt tickets as required
- Apply basic typing skills to ensure proper preparation of mailing labels, U. S. postal forms, etc.
- Inspect and check outgoing mail for dating, signature and enclosures
- Box up and apply return postage labels for toner cartridges that need to be returned to printer
- Box up and apply postage to documents being sent out by the staff
- Research and resolve problems such as searching for lost or misrouted mail
- Resolve discrepancies with couriers when mail cannot be located
- Handle mail in an accurate and timely manner
- Keep photocopying machines in operation and supplied
- Install toner cartridges and clear simple paper jams, etc.
- Manage supply room, e.g., keep track of available supplies, order needed supplies, restock supplies, etc.
- Relevant experience
- High-energy self-starter
- Positive attitude
- Preference for bachelor’s degree
- New York, NY 10281
- 100% telework during COVID-19
West 4th Strategy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy, political affiliation, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
Other Considerations: Relocation will not be offered. Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of the time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of the time.
Powered by JazzHR