FastMed is hiring Limited Medicinal Radiology Tech
- Perform limited scope x-rays according to license
- Compliance with all established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards
- Treats patients and co-workers consistent with the FastMed Mission statement, Vision, Values and Performance Standards, including the S.M.I.L.E. program
- Performs the essential functions as defined as by the appropriate Skills Competency Checklist and other related duties as assigned or described by company policy
- Must follow set office protocol as directed by the medical director and healthcare provider
- Maintain high ethics and accept responsibility for actions
- Practice excellent patient care
- Maintain patient confidentiality, including shredding of any patient information
- Bring patients from the waiting room to an exam room in a timely manner
- Obtain and document all applicable patient visits
- Notify physician of patients ready for exam, room number, vitals and chief complaint.
- Observe and communicate changes in the patient’s condition to the provider on duty
- Assist physician with any exams, procedures, and other processes related to direct patient care under direct supervision
- Clean and dress wounds according to physician instructions
- Apply splints as directed by the physician
- Administer various IM and SQ medications and immunizations under the direction of the physician
- Maintain clear, appropriate and accurate documentation
- Perform venipuncture with physician orders. Complete lab paperwork, use proper collection techniques and collect appropriate sample amounts in proper media, package specimens appropriately for transport. Call for a courier to pick up specimens
- Proficient with oxygen therapy, EKG, and AED
- Participates in the completion of the daily checklist, as well as any assigned duties and tasks necessary to maintain compliance with Federal and State regulations, including documenting fridge temperatures daily on appropriate log
- Check all supplies and medications including sample medications for expiration, monthly
- Performs CLIA waived back office tests: strep, influenza, pregnancy, blood glucose and UA dips. Maintains quality control and documentation.
- Sets up sterile fields, packs and autoclaves instruments; Must abide by all HIPAA and OSHA guidelines
- Willing to obtain certification in DOT urine drug screening protocol
- Maintain appropriate licenses and continuing educational requirements
- Clean exam room after each patient including wiping down table and counters
- Practice good hand washing to prevent transmission of disease
- Dispose of sharps in sharps containers and blood or body fluids in biohazard (red bag) containers. Change containers and bags when full
- Take and develop quality x-rays within scope of practice
- Practice patient shielding and ALARA standards
- Label all film with patient information and LT vs. RT
- Keep accurate log of exams performed. Document LMP and shielding
- Verify condition of network and x-ray server
- Clean cassettes, table and chest board after each patient
- Clean screens every three months
- Advise office manager if supplies are running low
- Makes suggestions to office manager for improving the clinics performance and patient’s experience
- Follows guidelines and requirements of laboratory and clinical accreditation policies
- Participates in education programs and attends meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned to promote high quality and cost effective patient care and an efficient and productive work environment
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: High School diploma or equivalent and License for Practical Radiologic Technician (PTR) School.
VALUED BUT NOT REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
EXPERIENCE: Prior recent experience in an emergency department, urgent care or other clinical setting
CERTIFICATION: Current healthcare professional level CPR certification issued by American Heart Association, American Red Cross, American Safety Health Institute or National Safety Council.
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While working the essential functions of this job and performing hands on patient care, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, lift, carry, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, speak, hear and lift and/or move heavy objects.
While performing the essential functions of the job the employee comes in contact with patient in a wide variety of circumstances. The employee may be exposed to unpleasant situations including accidents, injuries, illnesses, patient elements and varying or unpredictable situations.