- Oversees patient satisfaction according to patient’s nutritional needs by Passing and picking up patient meal trays. Implement menu distribution, selection and pick up if necessary.
- Pick up and drop trucks at elevator bay or unit prior to passing and picking up trays
- Remains available to patients at meal times in order to ensure patient satisfaction by making sure patients received the correct order and are enjoying their meal. Ensures that patients receive their trays.
- Obtains patient's food preferences using the palm pilot.
- Sets up workstation based on daily menu.
- Assembles all non-cooked items for lunch service.
- Assembles trays based on menu selection.
- Communicates effectively with patients, nurses, and family members to ensure satisfaction.
- Communicates effectively with dietitians, other hosts, food service staff, and managers in order to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of nutrition services. Implement communication system [kardex] if deemed necessary as a means to communicate patient information.
- Maintains close communication with floor dietitian when education and/or consults are needed, or when dietitian intervention is necessary.
- Obtains changes in patient diet and room status, as needed. Communicates effectively with unit clerks and nurses in regard to changes.
- Pick up NPO list, discharge list from all units to ensure appropriate passing of food.
- Assures adequate floor supplies are available on assigned units. Performs other related duties of Nutrition Host/Hostess as required.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Knowledge of nutritional abbreviations, required. Experience in food service/nutrition preferred.
Any vacancy posted on this site comes from Indeed and it's network through the API. If you find this job is not supposed to be on this site, please report it on Indeed.