Practice: Spring Street Dermatology
Join a fast growing, dynamic organization that focuses on providing dermatology professionals business management services that allow them to offer patients an exceptional healthcare experience.
NavaDerm, a BelHealth portfolio company, is a large dermatology medical group with over 25 providers with locations in New York and New Jersey.
We are a Physician led organization that allows for clinical independence with high quality standards.
We are looking for a compassionate, respectful, team player that can provide our patients with the best care at our NYC practice located in SoHo. The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills and experience in patient care in a dermatology setting.
If you are looking to thrive in a modern, fast paced, dermatology office equipped with the most cutting-edge technology in NYC, then come work with us!
The Medical Receptionist (MR) provides exemplary customer service to all incoming patients. The person in this position is responsible for handling front office reception and administration duties, including welcoming and greeting patients, answering phones, handling company inquiries, and sorting and distributing mail. The person in this position is responsible for registering patients all collecting all paperwork associated with patient registration.
- Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the following
- Greeting and welcoming patients.
- Answering phone calls in a prompt and polite manner.
- Message intake for medical questions, prescription refills, and test results. Transferring calls and inquiries to providers and care coordinators accordingly.
- Direct all patient financial inquiries to appropriate staff in the billing department.
- Follow office rules and regulations when it comes to visiting pharmaceutical representatives.
- Registering new patients and updating existing patient demographics by collecting detailed patient information, including personal and financial.
- Entering/updating patient information in the system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Processing medical insurance information, verifying patient eligibility and addressing any patient questions about insurance (liaise with Billing department as appropriate).
- Collecting payment information and saving for future balances.
- Assisting patients with completion of paperwork when necessary.
- Scheduling appointments as needed in accordance with provider schedule.
- Scanning, updating and filing medical records.
- Providing outstanding customer service to every patient.
- Informing practice manager or assistant practice manager of waiting room wait times, patient flow, and communicating with patients accordingly.
- Maintaining a professional and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Assisting other practice team members as needed.
- Attending all in-house training and continued education opportunities.
- Performing additional duties as assigned.
- A High School Degree or GED.
- Positive, welcoming, and can-do attitude with patients and other practice team members.
- Experience working in any high-volume/high-intensity customer service industry
- Prefer one year of medical office experience, preferably dermatology.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and a team player.
- Computer Proficiency and superior keyboarding skills (approximately 55 wpm).
- Flexible/adaptable nature to work in a fast paced and continuously evolving environment.
- Passion for helping others in a healthcare environment.
- Ability to effectively interact with providers, patients and other staff members.
Powered by JazzHR