- Safely operate forklifts, squeeze box and clamp truck, resin handling system and the off-loading of resin cars, pallet inverter, auto palletizer, and stretch wrap machines. This includes the changing and maintenance of propane/batteries and performance of daily PM checklist.
- Be able to exhibit the skills to complete Material Handler-II Checklist.
- Must be proficient at warehouse related SAP applications and paperwork documentation procedures for movement of materials and be able to complete the forms efficiently and accurately.
- Assist material handlers when necessary.
- Work toward and maintain an accurate orderly inventory by properly warehousing all materials.
- Assign manpower based on production needs on a daily basis.
- Immediate reporting of incidents resulting in injury, product, or property damage to supervision and completion of initial written incident reports involving warehouse employees.
- Provide training for shift team members and ensure all team members’ training remains current.
- Assess and troubleshoot warehouse issues that occur during shift and seek resources as needed to resolve. Assume responsibilities for out bound shipments during off shifts when Traffic Coordinator is not on duty.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills and be able to work efficiently and appropriately with peers, managers, vendors, and customers.
- Work in a safe manner and assure co-workers work in a safe manner, responsible for conducting headcount during emergencies and reporting to safety coordinator.
- Responsible for compliance with all facility food safety, food defense, and quality policies and procedures including product safety (GMPs)/Sanitation policies and procedures. Employee must continually work to promote the orderliness and cleanliness of their work area in support of AIB/5S and other company standards.
- Must be supportive of GPI’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values (Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork).
- Must be supportive and involved in GPI efforts for LEAN, 5S, Six Sigma and other Continuous Improvement programs and processes.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/Equivalent required. Three years’ experience required.
- Forklift license required. Understanding of inventory (SAP) required.
- Self-sufficient and cost effectively perform all required cutting functions.
- Must have extensive knowledge for identification and working knowledge of mechanical and pneumatic components.
- Ability to troubleshoot, adjust and debug to finalize majority of machine lines required in house or at the customers facility.
- Trained and knowledgeable in Mechanical Assembly Standards, Engineering Standards, other applicable procedures and parts flow.
- Heavy mechanical skills in a manufacturing environment.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the
box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the
microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held
your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of
craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest
manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of
the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice,
household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in
Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative,
passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer
packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.