The Emergency Department Registrar position gives the initial patient contact for the medical center and must act in a professional manner with excellent customer service skills at all times while they register patients into the hospitals computer system. The registrar will search the system for existing medical record numbers and assign new ones for new patients to ensure patient safety.
This position is an Essential Employee because they work in the Emergency Department. The registrar must be able to remain calm under stressful and emergency situations.
The registration includes intake of patient demographic, financial and insurance data, issues patient privacy rights, and collects patient’s general consents to receive treatment. Many aspects of registering patients include Medicare, government and corporate compliance policies. All employees are part of the revenue cycle team and must produce correct registrations to meet facility and team goals. Registrars are responsible to request and receive patient payments for services rendered.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to type 25 WPM required. Knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.
- Previous Customer Service experience and strong communication skills required.
- Previous Patient Access experience preferred.
- Medical terminology preferred.
- Ability to read and perform basic mathematics computationsrequired.
- AAHAM and NAHAM certification preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.