At Pacira Biosciences, we are committed to driving innovation to provide better ways to safely and effectively manage pain. Our in-depth knowledge of the needs of the postsurgical pain market, coupled with our passion for delivering improved patient care, drives our commitment to providing solutions that address unmet medical needs and improve clinical results. Pacira Biosciences currently has an opening for a Director, Trade Operations.
The Director of Trade Operations is responsible for creation and execution of the distribution strategy for the company's marketed products, while ensuring that the distribution channel is positioned for new product and indication introductions. This position is responsible for all trade relations including negotiating contracts, managing day to day activities with 3PL providers, wholesalers and GPO’s, and implementing customer enhancement projects. This position will also assist with any contracting initiatives.
Effective Trade Strategies and Efficient Trade Operations
- Develop the overall distribution business plan in conjunction with the CFO and commercial team leads; ensure the development and implementation of effective trade strategies and programs by providing strategic and tactical leadership.
- Monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of our current drop ship model; evaluate alternative or additional distribution models including the standard wholesaler method, use of specialty pharmacies (either payer owned or independent), direct bill and other methods for outpatient customers.
- Serve as an important interface with key constituents, including customers, payers, wholesales etc…, through meetings with hospital and ASC customers or payers, when appropriate, and attendance at relevant trade society meetings/conferences.
Insure Appropriate Contractual Relations Are Established/Maintained with Both Customers and Third Parties
- Facilitate and manage the contractual agreements with wholesalers and the third party logistic provider. Overseeing the 3PL day to day operations and quarterly business reviews.
- Identify appropriate metrics and tracking to ensure the right execution and success; analyze procedure volume, trends, growth, for the distribution channel.
- Manage all aspects of the distribution business: tracking the supply chain, facilitating contracts, developing processes and procedures, and developing reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Interface with GPOs when applicable to create and ensure processes that deliver excellent and sustainable results.
- Work with National and Strategic Accounts (NASA) team to prepare, monitor and maintain customer discounting contracts and resolve any pricing issues with wholesalers to end customers.
- Support the Trade Operations aspects of efforts to expand product availability of EXPAREL via payer and employer relationships.
Primarily Responsible for Fundamental Trade Operations Processes, Transactions and Data
- Notify customers, external and internal stakeholders of price increases and new product availability.
- Approve and monitor sales returns ensuring compliance with policy and return for credit reflects appropriate discount price paid by customer.
- Manage distribution strategies and programs including promotional programs.
- Collaborate with wholesalers to ensure accurate and effective contract implementation and drive continuous process improvement
- Design, coordinate and implement enhancements to the customer ordering process including, but not limited to, web portal page for ordering and customer service quality
- Coordinate with Supply Chain on their management of product shipment logistics, inventory levels, and other related issues relating to the distribution center; act as the point person in the relationship with our 3PL provider.
- Develop and implement distribution based initiatives.
- Develop distribution related policies and procedures including but not limited to orders, returns and inventory.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- 10 years pharmaceutical industry experience working with wholesale and distributors with a strong understanding of distribution functions, procedures, policies and efficiencies
- Demonstrated contract negotiation skills
- Proven ability to analyze data and monitor wholesaler patterns and sales to drive incremental business
- Demonstrated strong project management skills; ability set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to communicate effectively with people individually and in groups; ability to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues; experience establishing and maintaining effective relationships across departments.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills. Effective presentation skills to audiences of diverse sizes and to all levels of the corporation.
- Excellent skills in MS Office including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to travel up to 15%
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Any vacancy posted on this site comes from Indeed and it's network through the API. If you find this job is not supposed to be on this site, please report it on Indeed.