Eastern Catalytics is currently looking to hire a Design Technician.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Review OEM part data, OEM part samples, competitive product lines, and existing parts in support of the development of new products.
- Develop sample exhaust parts using multiple shop fabrication techniques based on your research and evaluations performed on vehicles.
- Provide all necessary information and all sample parts required for the development of production parts.
- Responsible for determining the need for purchased components.
- Provide final approval of parts prior to initial production build.
- Gather and provide part and metrology data to product designers for use in SolidWorks 3-D solid modeling software.
- Keep accurate records of exhaust parts and/or the modification of same.
- Inspect and approve all purchased parts used in or with your products.
- Maintain lab cleanliness.
- Provide catalog department with reference schematic drawings of exhaust systems.
- Communication between internal departments and external field sales and customers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Skills in SolidWorks 3-D solid modeling required.
- General automotive mechanical skills are a plus.
- Shop fabrication skills a plus; welding, pipe bending etc.
- Proficiency Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong conceptual and interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with others in a cross-functional team.
- Ability to handle competing priorities and shift focus as dictated by changing business needs.
- Must have good organization skills and be able to communicate well
- Be analytical and possess good problems solving skills.
- Be a role model to employees adhering to all rules and policies, demonstrating a good work ethic, being accountable, and projecting a professional image.
- Steel-toed shoes required, no sleeveless shirts allowed.
EDUCATION, CREDENTIALS & EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Manufacturing experience a plus
Any vacancy posted on this site comes from Indeed and it's network through the API. If you find this job is not supposed to be on this site, please report it on Indeed.