We are looking for someone who loves children and excels in a fast-paced environment! This individual will prepare breakfast and/or lunch offerings, and assist with serving on the lines. Participate in occasional catering functions for students, staff and patrons of the school district.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Prepare foods for meal service in strict compliance with the menu plan and Opaa! recipes.
- Operate slicers, mixers, grinders and other equipment with proper certification.
- Keep work area neat, clean, and organized.
- Set-up serving lines and ensure all food is held at the proper temperatures.
- Serve individual portions of food to customers, as required.
- Keep serving lines/condiments supplied with food items, napkins, silverware, and dishes.
- Keep and maintain accurate production records.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, climb, balance, kneel, crawl, push, pull, grasp, feel, taste, smell, talk, hear, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must exert over 60 pounds of force occasionally and/or be able to frequently lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Frequently works around moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme heat.
- Noise level is usually loud.
Desired qualifications, skills and experience
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must be 18 years old or older. Requires successful completion of a background check. TB and other immunizations may be required (state of KS only).
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred; or up to one month related experience, training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Opaa! Food Management is a leading provider of child nutrition programs in the Midwest. Opaa! serves over 220 K-12 public school districts in 6 states, with a combined enrollment of over 225,000 students. Opaa! partners with its client school districts to increase student participation in school meal programs, create a financially sustainable child nutrition program, and ensure compliance with state and federal regulations. Family owned and operated since 1978, Opaa!’s mission is “Make their Day!”
Job Posting Category