No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
As a Compliance Consultant you will be accountable for supporting the execution of the annual audit plan for UnitedHealth Group and its family of companies. This position will be part of Optum Technology IT Finance. You will provide support to the various Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) compliance and control initiatives including Sarbanes - Oxley (SOX), SSAE18, FDICIA, Financial Statement and the Model Audit Rule (MAR). There will be a heavy IT focus with some crossover with business processes.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead portions of the overall audit risk assessment and short - term / long - term internal IT audit plan
- Facilitate planning the audits and determine audit scope and audit approach for assigned technology inventory based on the risk assessments and control framework
- Review all audit evidence, audit reports and remediation plans for assigned technology inventory,work with management to finalize issues, report content and remediation plans
- Lead advisory projects to improve technology environments and processes, identification of emerging risks, and make recommendations to improve the control design and operating effectiveness / efficiency or comply with company policies and legal / regulatory requirements
- Demonstrate and apply a clear understanding of audit methodologies and control framework in supporting SOX / MAR / FDICIA / SSAE 18 / STAT audits
- Develop and maintain a collaborative, value added relationship with all team members supporting your assigned inventory and interact at all levels within the parent and sub organizations
- Assist team members from your assigned Inventory with control education and interpretation
- Assist internal and external audit firms with understanding day to day operating procedures within assigned inventory environments and ensure test approach matches
- Review policy and procedural updates as well as operating evidence and assess for compliance to defined controls
- Maintain documentation on assigned inventory indicating current compliance model and maturity in place as well as open remediation plans and recommendations
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science, Accounting or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 4 years of relevant business experience which includes but not limited to IT controls, IT internal audit, and / or public IT accounting experience
- Ability to influence others, establish credibility with business partners and drive cultural change
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Big 4 / SOX GITC Experience
- Experience in IT audit and information security, IT internal controls, and / or SSAE18 / SOC 1 & SOC 2 reporting
- IT security certifications (e.g. CISSP CISA, CPA, and / or CIA certification)
- Managed healthcare or insurance industry experience
- Ability to effectively coach and mentor staff
- Track record of effective project management skills
- Desire to make a positive impact with the ability to manage multiple tasks and shift priorities
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to doyour life's best work.(sm)
- All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.