The Counseling Center’s mission is to serve students and to advocate for collegiate mental health across campus. We provide an affirming space where students work to achieve a sense of well-being that maximizes their potential. We commit to grow in our awareness and strengthen our competence to promote a culture of care, wellness and acceptance for all within the RU-N community.
Rutgers University-Newark, an urban public research university and anchor institution, located in Newark, New Jersey, a city of promise, is seeking a Clerical Assistant Casual (Temporary) which will report to the Administrative Coordinator of the Counseling Center.
- The Clerical Assistant Casual
(Temporary) duties include but are not limited to:
- Managing the day-to-day operations such as faxing, filing, scanning and communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Managing calendars, greeting guests and all stakeholders and ensuring office supplies are maintained.
- Scheduling meetings, answering telephone and providing information to callers, answering routine and non-routine inquiries, in accordance with department policy and regulations, and/or directs all inquiries to appropriate person and/or department.
- Completing duties as assigned.
- For more information please visit: http://counseling.newark.rutgers.edu/
High School diploma or equivalent, and/or up to 4 years of
relevant office, clerical, bookkeeping, library assistant or
related experience depending on the duties to be performed.
An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the experience requirement.
- Higher education, non-profit, government work experience preferred but not required.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented self-starter who is organized and enjoys working in a collaborative environment.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Office environment
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of all pre-employment screenings.