Grow your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50 executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a diverse workforce offering employees stimulating and challenging projects across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana employee, you impact the well-being of Indiana’s communities every day.
The BMV’s mission is to serve all Hoosiers by providing best-in-class driver and vehicle services in a timely and accurate manner while ensuring security and transparency. The BMV team works throughout the state of Indiana and are dedicated to fostering an environment where we
- Invest in our employees
- Engage our customers
- Provide sustainable systems
- Embrace product innovation
About the Job
Customer Service Representatives function as the frontline contact for the Bureau of Motor Vehicles. In this role you will provide timely and accurate customer service. Utilizing good communication skills, computer skills, and on-the-job training, you will help assist millions of Hoosiers with their broad scope of BMV needs.
The essential functions of this role are as follows:
- Use your job knowledge to conduct customer transactions
- Answer customer’s questions and provide guidance
- Assist with the daily opening and closing of the branch
- Check transactions to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and proper accounting
- Work with leadership to resolve escalated customer concerns and system problems
- File applications as completed throughout the day
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Customer service experience
- Top-notch communication skills
- A high level of critical thinking and the ability to troubleshoot
- Ability to process cash and card transactions
Ability to travel up to 20 percent of the time to branch locations, training, or branch-related community activities
Benefits of Employment with the State of Indiana:
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees which includes:
- Four (4) medical plan options (including RX coverage) and vision/dental coverages
- Wellness program (offers eligibility into a discounted medical plan)
- Health savings account (includes bi-weekly state contribution)
- Deferred compensation account (similar to 401k plan) with employer match
- Two (2) fully-funded pension plan options
- Group life insurance
- Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral health visits
- Paid vacation, personal and sick time off
- Competitive leave policies covering a variety of employee needs
- 12 company paid holidays, 14 on election years
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- New Parent Leave
If this is an Intermittent position, the position does not offer benefits and is limited to 180 working days in an eleven (11) month continuous period.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer