UES has an opportunity available for an Associate Research Scientist to join our team working in support of the 711th Human Performance Wing at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, OH. This position will support research in the area of bioassay development for chemical and biological targets, including biorecognition element design and screening, and assay design. Primary functions for this role will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct lab experiments related to selection of recognition elements. Characterize binding affinity of selected binders.
- Support collaborations with external partners performing experiments to validate their results and optimize protocols.
- Manage laboratory supplies and ordering
- Present results at lab meetings and conferences.
- Minimum of BS degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Biology is required
- Chemistry and/or Biology lab training required
- Prior experience in a biological laboratory setting is preferred
- This position is working within a government facility and requires U.S. Citizenship
UES, Inc. is an innovative science and technology company providing customers with superior research and development expertise since its inception in 1973. Our long-term success is a direct result of a strong commitment to the success of our employees. We look forward to reviewing your application.
UES, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.