Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national research university and the state of New Jersey’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. Established in 1766 and celebrated a milestone 250th anniversary in 2016, the university is the eighth oldest higher education institution in the United States. More than 70,800 students and 27,000 faculty and staff learn, work, and serve the public at Rutgers locations across New Jersey and around the world.
Rutgers University–New Brunswick took root over 250 years ago. We are the state’s most comprehensive intellectual resource—the flagship campus of Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, as designated by the Association of American Universities. We are the region’s most high-profile public research institution and a leading national research center with a global impact.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an
Associate Registrar for the Office Of The Registrar, New Brunswick.
This position supervises the records/grades, transcripts and
verifications supervisor within the office of the registrar and 3
Program Coordinators. The Associate Registrar has a big focus on
data reporting and Residency for both the Undergraduate and
The position is crucial in helping to streamline processes across the NB office of the Registrar and will be an integral part of getting our office up to speed with perceptive content and moving all files and forms online.
- Among the key duties of this position
are the following:
- Assigns work priorities for staff and monitors accuracy of work performed.
- Interviews and hires candidates.
- Disciplines staff when required.
- Trains all staff on all areas within the Office of the Registrar to ensure all students can be helped by the individual working with them.
- Backs-up for HelpSpot emails and will be the lead on scanning for perceptive content.
- Maintains residency files for both the undergraduate and graduate populations.
- Stays on top of current state and federal legislation as it relates to in-state residency.
- Keeps staff and students aware of our policies. Responsible for education on all matters related to residency.
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years of higher education experience.
- Strong organizational skills, communications skills, and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of or training on a learning management system.
- Experience with the Student Records Database (IMS) and knowledge of the web based Rutgers systems.
- Experience with Tableau, Perceptive content, Salesforce and Docusign would be beneficial.
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of all pre-employment screenings.