JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.7 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Asset Management is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
The New York Fixed Income Team is looking to hire an Investment Specialist analyst/associate to work with the Insurance Solutions and LDI teams. Our teams focus in particular on fixed income strategies and product development for insurance companies and pensions. Our new hire will help in servicing existing relationships, pitching for new business and creating marketing materials. She/he will work closely with different groups including: portfolio managers, sales channels, other Investment Specialists and other internal support and operations groups. As such, any successful applicant must demonstrate excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Analysis of portfolios including positioning, analytics and performance results
- Creating and maintaining client presentations, marketing, performance commentary, and other client communications
- Responding to ad-hoc requests from external clients and internal groups.
- Product positioning projects such as statistical analysis and competitive analysis
- Facilitate meetings, both external (client pitches and reviews) and internal (i.e. product development and strategy meetings).
- Develop understanding of and insurance and pension (LDI) investment portfolios
- 1-4 years work experience with fixed income knowledge
- Interest in financial markets, economics and the insurance industry
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum overall GPA of 3.2
- Excellent responsiveness and problem solving skills and high attention to detail
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Quantitative skills - proficiency in basic financial calculations and high aptitude with numbers
- Broad range of computer skills, in particular Excel and PowerPoint
- Adaptable, innovative, and results oriented, with excellent teamwork skills
- Organization and time management, ability to meet deadlines without reminder