Centers Laboratory is actively seekingAccessioners for our Laboratory in Brooklyn, NY.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for accurate processing of patient specimens including receipt and data entry into the Laboratory Information System.
- Match information on the test requisition with information on the collection vial for accuracy.
- Able to communicate and follow up pertinent information to all section of the laboratory
- Accession multiple types of specimens including blood, urine, swabs, body fluids, etc.
- Labels specimens and transports to the laboratory sections to be tested.
- Ensures proper and complete patient identification on requisitions and specimen labels.
- Properly handles ambient, refrigerated, and frozen specimens.
- Prepares specimens for delivery.
- Aliquots specimens, ensuring proper labeling and properly operates centrifuges.
- Completes required training courses such as Safety and HIPAA in a timely manner.
- Archive and file all paperwork
- Perform clerical and administrative duties as needed
- Assist laboratory staff in daily activities or additional duties as delegated.
- Assures customer privacy is maintained at all times.
- Rejects incorrect or inappropriate specimens.
- Prepares specimen for referral testing when needed.
- Participate in all applicable safety training sessions. Know the location and contents of the safety manual. Know the location/use of all applicable safety equipment.
- Professional in dealing with client, customer, and co-worker.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Proficiency in Medical Terminology, required.
- Working knowledge of PC applications required.
- Previous related experience preferred.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to sit, stand, walk and perform repetitive motion (keyboard)
- Proficient visual and audio skills
- May include lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling objects
Centers Health Care is a fully integrated post-acute care continuum offering rehabilitation and skilled nursing services in more than 45 locations covering four states. In addition, we provide special services including in-patient and home dialysis, ventilator care, and care for those with Alzheimer’s. The Centers Health Care family offers Skilled Nursing, Urgent Care, Managed Care, Clinical Laboratory Services, Adult Day Health Care, and Assisted Living services, as well as every level of Home Care. Centers is well known for our commitment to our employees, offering outstanding ongoing training and development, career advancement opportunities, competitive pay rates, generous compensation packages and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer –M/F/D/V
Powered by JazzHR